Reflections

 It is with mixed emotions that I have decided to retire from my job of over twenty years. January of 2003 I began my journey with Newton Conover City Schools and on February 28, 2023 I will bid adieu when I step off bus #99 for the last time. In between those years I have had the honor of teaching too many children to count (although I am sure there is a way) I have seen my own children grow into young adults as they prepare for their passions. I have had absolute horror as I watched my youngest go through seizures daily and still be a beacon of hope for anyone who meets him. I could not have done this without my partner in crime (oops I meant life) my wife Jule and my faith in my best friend Jesus. 

Of things I can count, there have been thirteen trips to Walt Disney World, there have been nineteen beginnings and ends of Christmas countdowns, eleven different principals I worked for (NCCS), two church families, and one pandemic. I have learned that when there is a whisper of winter weather bread and milk fly off the shelves at ALL local grocery stores. I now eat liver mush and slaw and chilli are my favorite condiments along with Dukes mayonnaise. I still don't drink my tea sweet though. 

To all of the co-workers, principals, students that I taught and athletes that I have coached let me tell you I am grateful to have been and/or be a part of your life. As for my future we are heading to Florida where we have a house and annual passes to Walt Disney World. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning

WHY?