WHY?

 I am sitting watching the Super Bowl so it is hard to concentrate on what I am writing. When I began this endeavor it was supposed to be a few entry blog that explored my journey into retirement. The reality of the whole journey is it could be reflection or anticipation today it is a mix of both. 

My career in education began with subbing and then answering a job opportunity as a middle school softball coach and teacher assistant. That job led to me coaching multiple sports at Illini Central School District. I coached softball, basketball and track over the years I called IC my employer. During that time I took my history degree and pursued my education degree which after eaning my certificate/license it led me to Newton Conover Middle School in January 2003 where I stayed for about twelve years. During that time frame our family grew. We were no longer four we were/are five. Wyatt James was born in July 2004.

 Ironically it was Wyatt that is the reason I changed from being a teacher to being a TA and bus driver. Of course, it wasn't because of the pay it was because of availability to my son with special needs. Wyatt has a seizure disorder called Lissencephaly. He is eighteen with a mental age of around five. He has spent multiple nights in the hospital multiple times for either operations or tests trying to figure out how to deal with the challenges our little boy faces with a smile on his face and Jesus in his heart. If I have to choose between family or work, Jule, Nick, Corrine, and Wyatt win every time!

In sixteen days I begin my next phase of my life. What that phase turns out to be I can't wait to find out... Oh by the way, this game has been outstanding so far.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections

Planning